Court of Protection

Coupe Bradbury Solicitors

If someone does not have the mental capacity to make a decision for themselves (and have not previously put in place a valid enduring power of attorney, property & financial affairs lasting power of attorney or if they have but there is a dispute between those attorneys), it is possible for someone to make an application to the Court of Protection for either:

  • A specific order regarding their property and/or financial affairs, or;
  • A general order appointing them to become a deputy responsible for managing that person’s property and financial affairs.

In some circumstances, it may also be possible to apply for an order from the Court of Protection for a decision regarding somebody else’s health, welfare, or medical treatment, if that person lacks the mental capacity to make that decision themselves.

If someone does not have the mental capacity to make a will, it is possible to apply to the Court of Protection for permission to create a statutory will on their behalf.

Please do not hesitate to contact James Patterson on 01253 922777 or email: for advice regarding a possible application to the Court of Protection or following your appointment as a deputy by the Court of Protection.

Latest News

New Year New Beginnings

New starters for 2022, an experienced Chartered Legal Executive and a Conveyancing Paralegal.

Coupe Bradbury Solicitors
Latest News

Coupe Bradbury on the Move

Coupe Bradbury’s Lytham office is no longer based at The Chapel House. From December 2020, Coupe Bradbury’s Lytham office has been relocated.

Coupe Bradbury Solicitors

Latest Testimonial

We would like to thank the Corporate & Commercial Department for completing our company sale and dealing with all of the complexities that arose. It was reassuring to have such a professional team representing us.
Mr & Mrs R