The firm is well-versed in acting for commercial and corporate sellers and buyers. We have represented clients across the UK for a significant period of time with transactions ranging from medium-scale asset sale transactions to larger-scale multi-million-pound corporate deals.
We understand that no two transactions are the same and that it is often necessary to appoint a solicitor who is commercially aware and thinks outside of the box. That’s where we can help.
Our Corporate and Commercial Team will work in partnership with you and your company to identify the key solutions required to enable you to meet your business objectives.
We know that business sales and purchases can often be complicated affairs. We deal with everything from initial negotiations through to managing the due diligence process and keep you fully informed on every contract or agreement required to facilitate the transaction, ensuring your interests are protected every step of the way.
Coupe Bradbury represents commercial and corporate clients across the country on business sales and purchases (on both a share and asset basis) across sectors including retail, engineering, childcare and healthcare.
How can Coupe Bradbury’s business lawyers help?
We can assist you with the following:
- Advising on proceeding by way of a share sale (transfer of limited company) or asset sale (transfer of goodwill and assets)
- Drafting appropriate Confidentiality Agreements or Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Assisting with completing your replies to commercial enquiries and advising on the need for specialist reports when the process involves a commercial property
- Liaising with your accountant in respect of the mechanics of the transactions including the review of the contracts and share purchase agreements (SPA) for example.
- Preparing due diligence data rooms
- Drafting BPAs, SPAs, and disclosure letters
- Preparing agreements and the appropriate Companies House documentation
- Liaising with third-party landlords in respect of new leases, lease surrenders, lease assignments and the need for any Authorised Guarantee Agreements;
- Dealing with any lenders involved in the transaction including either redeeming their existing security or perfecting and finalising their security arrangements including legal charges, debentures, and personal guarantees
- Advising on stamp duty on the acquisition of shares or stamp duty land tax on the purchase of a property, and;
- Dealing with registration formalities, both at Companies House and Land Registry.
Please contact us to find out more about our full range of business services.
How much do business legal services cost?
We are always happy to speak with you on a no-obligation basis to assess the general nature of your requirements and thereafter provide an estimate of our costs in advance of undertaking the work.
For further information, call a member of the Corporate and Commercial Team on 01253 922777.
New Year New Beginnings
New starters for 2022, an experienced Chartered Legal Executive and a Conveyancing Paralegal.
Coupe Bradbury on the Move
Coupe Bradbury’s Lytham office is no longer based at The Chapel House. From December 2020, Coupe Bradbury’s Lytham office has been relocated.
We would like to thank the Corporate & Commercial Department for completing our company sale and dealing with all of the complexities that arose. It was reassuring to have such a professional team representing us.Mr & Mrs R